Here is the list of All Previous Award Winners.
AI Journal – Classic and Prominent Paper Awards 2023
The Nominations for these awards will be open until April 23, 2023
The AI Journal is pleased to Announce Two Awards for papers published in the journal:
- The AIJ Prominent Paper Award
- Recognizes outstanding papers published not more than 7 years ago in the AI Journal that are exceptional in their significance and impact.
- Nominations are now solicited for papers published in AIJ between 2016 and 2022 for the 2023 Prominent Paper Award.
- Here is the complete list of this year’s eligible Prominent papers.
- The AIJ Classic Paper Award
- Recognizes outstanding papers published at least 15 calendar years ago in the AI Journal that are exceptional in their significance and impact.
- Nominations are now solicited for papers published in AIJ between 1970 and 2007 for the 2023 Classic Paper Award.
- Here is the list of this year’s eligible Classic papers.
Factors influencing the decision of the award include:
- Did the paper start a significant new line of research?
- Has the paper made a major theoretical advance?
- Has it heavily influenced other researchers (whether in or outside AI?)
- Has the paper influenced applications?
- Paper Title:
Classic Paper Award: the year of publication must be between 1970 and 2007
Prominent Paper Award: the year of publication must be between 2016 and 2022
- DOI or PDF link:
- Update on author institutions if known to be different to those on original publication:
- Impact and Significance:
Give a brief statement (500 words or fewer) describing this paper’s impact on artificial intelligence research or practice, addressing the evaluation criteria listed above. Evidence of the significance/impact should be provided/referenced.
- Proposed Citation (to appear on the award certificate — citation should begin “For outstanding contributions to …” followed by a phrase of not more than 20 carefully edited words that reflect the reasons for the proposed award)
Relationship (if any) to authors:
Nominations are welcome until April 23 2022.
Submit your nominations as a single PDF containing the information in the nomination form below to the following EasyChair site: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=aij23awards
A nomination may come from anyone. Posthumous awards will be considered. All papers can be found online on the Elsevier webpage.