AIJ Prominent Paper Award 2017
The AIJ Prominent Paper Award recognizes outstanding papers published
less than six years ago in the AI journal that are exceptional in
their significance and impact. Factors influencing the decision of
the award include:
- Did the paper start a new line of research?
- Does it have a very high quality of presentation
- Has the paper made a major theoretical advance?
- Has it heavily influenced other researchers (whether in or outside AI?)
- Is the paper's citation level high, particularly in recent papers in
- Has the paper influenced applications?
A nomination may come from anyone. Posthumous awards will be
considered. Nominations are due 17 April 2017 and must be made by
email using the following form (in simple text as part of the body of the
email, NOT as an attachment). The subject line should read "AIJ
Prominent Paper Award 2016 nomination". The email should be sent to:
For 2017, eligible papers are those published in AIJ
between 2010 and 2016. You find the list of Eligible Prominent Papers here.
AIJ Prominent Paper Award 2017 Nomination Form
1) Paper Title:
3) Year (the year of publication must be 2010 or more recent):
4) It would be appreciated if DOI or a link to PDF could be provided:
5) Update on author institutions if known to be different to those on
6) Impact and significance
Give a brief statement (500 words or fewer) describing this paper's
impact on artificial intelligence research or practice, addressing the
factors listed in the call for nominations. Evidence of the
significance/impact should be provided/referenced.
7) Proposed Citation (to appear on the award certificate -- citation
should begin "For outstanding contributions to ..." followed by a
phrase of not more than 20 carefully edited words that reflect the
reasons for the proposed award)
Relationship (if any) to authors: