AIJ Classic Paper Award 2017
The AIJ Classic Paper Award recognizes outstanding papers published at least
15 calendar years ago in the AI Journal that are exceptional in their
significance and impact. Factors influencing the decision of
the award include:
- Did the paper start a significant new line of research?
- Has the paper made a major theoretical advance?
- Has it heavily influenced other researchers (whether in or outside AI?)
- Has the paper influenced applications?
A nomination may come from anyone. Posthumous awards will be
considered. Nominations are due by 17 April 2017 and must be made by
email using the following form (in simple text as part of the body of the
email, NOT as an attachment). The subject line should read "AIJ
Classic Paper Award 2017 nomination". The email should be sent to:
For 2017, eligible papers are those published in AIJ
between 1990 and 1999. You find the list of Eligible Classic Papers here.
AIJ Classic Paper Award 2017 Nomination Form
1) Paper Title:
3) Year (the year of publication must be between 1990 and 1999):
4) It would be appreciated if DOI or a link to PDF could be provided:
5) Update on author institutions if known to be different to those on
6) Impact and significance
Give a brief statement (500 words or fewer) describing this paper's
impact on artificial intelligence research or practice, addressing the
factors listed in the call for nominations. Evidence of the
significance/impact should be provided/referenced.
7) Proposed Citation (to appear on the award certificate -- citation
should begin "For outstanding contributions to ..." followed by a
phrase of not more than 20 carefully edited words that reflect the
reasons for the proposed award)
Relationship (if any) to authors: